Are you interested in becoming a VIBE Arts Emerging Arts Educator?
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At this time, we are not accepting applications to grow our roster. Read on to learn about the program.
Questions? Send an email to email@example.com
The VIBE Arts Emerging Arts Educator Program is a tiered, skill-building mentorship program in arts education facilitation. Individuals participate in professional development workshops and gain hands-on experience facilitating youth arts programming in under-resourced communities throughout the GTA.
- Learn how to become an arts educator through hands-on experience
- Get paid to teach art to children and youth
- Gain resources, skills and support to further your artistic practice
Emerging Arts Educators earn meaningful employment opportunities to learn alongside professional art educators and lead their own programs across a variety of artistic disciplines. They also benefit from various opportunities to further their artistic career, including mentorship, workshops, arts and networking opportunities.
Who can participate in the program?
Youth ages 16 – 29 who:
- practice at least one art form
- are new or familiar with VIBE Arts
- connect and identify with the communities that VIBE Arts engages with*
*The communities that we engage with are determined using the LOI (learning opportunity index) created by the Toronto District School Board. We also use tools such as neighbourhood improvement areas (identified by the City of Toronto) to recognize communities that are marginalized or in need.