Position Title: Outreach Program Coordinator Department: Programming
Reports To: Program Director
Status: One Year Contract: Part Time – July–September
Full Time — October – June
VIBE Arts’ Outreach Coordinator is responsible for working collaboratively with VIBE Arts’ Program Team to help design and implement Youth-led, arts educational outreach programs, which are culturally relevant, innovative and inclusive. The Outreach Coordinator represents VIBE Arts in the communities we serve and works in partnership with community leaders to help shape programs. Core programs coordinated by the Outreach Coordinator is the annual Vibe Arts Fest, an emerging Mobile Program aimed to reach new communities. The Outreach Coordinator will also work closely with the rest of the program team in supporting other initiatives.
- Co develop and lead the activation of our mobile art space across Ontario including developing and evaluating programs and working alongside artists to deliver arts programming
- Oversee and coordinate all volunteer activities including VIBE Arts Fest Committee and help the Committee coordinate our annual event – VIBE Arts Festival (i.e., advising on Critical Path, Interactive Activities, Logistical Planning, Budgeting, Outreach, Marketing, Curation)
- Develop and steward positive relationships with community stakeholders and on-site project coordinators
- Connect volunteers with artists in our programs and events
- Assist in recruiting and stewarding VIBE Arts volunteers including police reference checks, interviews and managing volunteer files
- Act as a staff liaison to the VIBE Arts Youth Advisory Council and attend monthly meetings, as needed
- Assist in the distribution and collection of Artist Reports, Venue/Community Feedback and Evaluation materials, and photo release forms
- Document programs through photo and/or video
- Attend culminating program performances, exhibits, celebrations and community meetings as needed
- Solicit material (such as stories, images, anecdotes, video clips, inspirations, events and social media postings) from youth artists and youth volunteers
- In consultation with VIBE’s Program Director, develop, hone and assess outreach strategies to develop effective outreach practices
- Lend ideas to inform and inspire projects and visions for new programs
- Respond to critical incidents as outlined in our policies and procedure documents
- Assist with the coordination, set up and facilitation of special community events
- Attend community events, celebrations, festivals, meetings, etc.
- Attend volunteer recruitment sessions
- Provide additional support to VIBE Arts staff/organization as required
- 1-2 years working in the non-profit cultural sector particularly involving volunteer engagement and coordination
- Experience organizing/implementing arts programming for children and youth
- Experience working with community stakeholders of all ages especially youth
- A passion for community and building connections
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience planning and facilitating outreach meetings and events as required
- Experience in the field of community-engaged arts programming is an asset
- Thrives on working in a collaborative team environment
- Valid G Class License in good standing
VIBE Arts supports that we all have different paths, and that passion is a great driver in community work. Please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. Equivalent experience will be considered. We value diversity, are committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
If you require accommodation during the hiring or interview process please contact email@example.com.
This position has seasonal high and low workloads. June to September hours vary from 15 – 40 hours per week based on project schedules, funding and supervisor discretion.
Full time hours commence October 1st – July 1st.
This role requires regular travel across the GTA and may include travel throughout Ontario.