Thank you for your interest in working with VIBE Arts! We Youth Artist
Position Title: Youth Artist
Reports To: Community Program Manager
Contract Term: Short Term (July 5, 2021 – August 13, 2021) 28 hours a week, 4 days a week (Monday – Thursday)
Wage: $18 an hour
The Youth Artist will work alongside a professional mural artist and two emerging artists to create a community engaged mural along an exterior wall of East Scarborough Storefront. They may also be asked to assist with other VIBE Arts programming taking place in Scarborough. This position requires a creative and patient person with an interest in the arts. We are looking for an organized team player who is able to take direction.
● Assist the Lead Artist/Facilitator with art materials preparation and general tasks as needed (priming, sanding, sealing, patching, painting, varnishing, cleaning art supplies, etc.) regarding mural making program
● Support Lead Artist/Facilitator with regard to mural making, set up and clean up
● Make connections with VIBE Arts participants, promote the organization, and represent the organization in the communities where we offer programs.
● Managing art materials and tools at workshop sites this includes the carrying of materials
● Assisting with the delivery of arts programming at community events
● Make connections with community members & promote the organization
● Document, track, and report results of programming
● Adhere to VIBE Arts’ code of conduct and social justice, health and safety, and equity guidelines
● Proven interest in visual art
● Reside in the area with postal codes starting with MIG, M1E, M1H, M1J, M1C or M1M
● Working primarily outside – with indoor access during inclement weather
● Working with art materials such as exterior paint and varathane
● Must be able to get to Lawrence Ave and Morningside Ave daily
● Physical work such as standing, crouching, lifting will be required at times
What you will gain
● Hands on experience creating a large scale art piece
● Direct mentorship and training from a trained mural artist
● Pride in being part of a community hub landmark
How to apply: Send your résumé to email@example.com before Sunday, June 20 at 5 PM.
VIBE Arts supports that we all have different paths and that passion is a great driver in community work. Please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. Equivalent experience will be considered. We value diversity, are committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. If you require accommodation during the hiring or interview process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with us on social media and don’t miss out on becoming a part of our team!