VIBE Arts is seeking event photographers and videographers to join our team on a semi-regular, event-based basis to document and highlight the work that we do across Toronto and beyond.
The photographer/videographer will be hired as an independent contractor who will be responsible for invoicing VIBE for their services. The photographer/videographer will be paid once the photo requirements of each job have been met and fulfilled.
Based on the needs of each project, the photographer/videographer will take pictures/video of people, settings, events and objects. They will use their artistic and technical skills to capture strong, meaningful content. In addition to taking high-quality images, the photographer/videographer will supply and maintain their own camera equipment, including lights, lenses and tripods. After pictures are complete, the photographer/videographer will resize, edit, and otherwise enhance images/video using photo editing software before sharing the final product digitally with VIBE.
In some instances, videographers will be required to edit and assemble a complete video. These additional requirements will be clearly outlined and compensated for.
- Demonstrated experience as a working or established event photographer
- Ownership of necessary photographic equipment and editing software
- Ability to use different types of photographic equipment and photography software
- Understanding of artificial and natural lighting and how it affects different settings, shapes and skin tones.
- Good communication and people skills
- A keen eye for detail and a well-developed artistic and creative aesthetic
- Experience working with children and youth, an existing vulnerable sector check or willingness to submit to a vulnerable sector check is necessary
- Experience or familiarity with arts programming and community-based events
- Willingness to travel to different neighbourhoods and venues around the GTA
VIBE Arts supports that we all have different paths, and that passion is a great driver in community work. Please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. Equivalent experience will be considered. We value diversity, are committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé, portfolio and a short note to email@example.com outlining your interest. Please use the subject ‘VIBE Arts Photographer’ in your email.