Development and Administrative Assistant
Job posting closes: March 7 2018
Reports To: Fund Development Manager
Status: Full Time Permanent
Salary: $37500 + Full Benefits + 2 Weeks Vacation
Position Summary: The VIBE Arts Development and Administrative Assistant supports development and office administrative duties as directed by the Fund Development Manager and Executive Director. The Assistant will support grant writing, reporting and developing material to share with our funders. The Assistant will perform administrative work at VIBE Arts’ main office site which includes data collection and entry, creating invoices and bills, answering general inquiries, maintaining filing systems, assisting with office administration such as supply inventory, purchasing and general office upkeep. The Assistant will assist the Executive Director with daily tasks and help improve the flow of work at VIBE Arts.
– Collaborate with Program Team, and Fund Development Manager in developing funding and resource streams for the organization
– Responsible for grant writing and ensuring alignment with mandate of organization, and the needs of the programming
– Maintain strong digital and physical filing system
– Assist with stewardship support including acknowledgement and thank you procedures
– Preparation, support and collaboration on funder reports
– Utilize data management system for data entry, report creation and mail merging
– Prospect research for new, potential resource, in-kind, funding opportunities
– Support other development events as necessary
– Collaborate with Development Manager for tax receipting
-Responsible for the general administration of the office (opening the office, answering the phone, responding to general emails, distribution mailing, filing information, etc.)
– Record and create meeting minutes for staff meetings
– Record donations and manage thank you acknowledgements to individual donors
– Operate and train office employees on basic computer, photocopier, scanner, coordinate maintenance as necessary
– Manage office petty cash
– Manage space, supply and facility needs in office
– Responsible for daily mailing and mail pick up
– Be the primary administrator for annual events such as ‘Arts Effect’ and for VIBE Arts Fest including managing silent auction, recording receipting needs, assisting— resource coordinator and outreach coordinator in any tasks needed including set up and take down on day of, volunteer support and ordering and purchasing.
– Provide administrative support for VIBE programs which involves paperwork and inputting all program data into SUMAC and Humanity including program dates, times and participants based on coordinators bookings.
– Assist with event/workshop preparation and set up
– Provide additional support to VIBE staff/organization as required
– Experience in administration and fund development
– Demonstrated strong written communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
– Proficient using MAC, Microsoft Office and G Suite
– Knowledge of grants and arts funding an asset
– Experience with fundraising software an asset
Evening and Weekend hours may be required from time to time.
VIBE Arts supports that we all have different paths, and that passion is a great driver in community work. Please consider applying, even if you aren’t able to check every box above. Equivalent experience will be considered. We value diversity, are committed to providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please share if you require accommodation during the hiring or interview process.