VIBE Arts and its agents take the issue of privacy seriously. VIBE Arts has developed the Policy on the Protection of Participant Information (“this Policy”) to formalize procedures necessary to ensure the privacy of personal information (current and potential participants, community partners, and donors), and to communicate that policy to stakeholders, staff, appointed representatives and business associates.
There are 10 principles to which VIBE Arts aspires. These principles form the basis of the “Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act” (PIPEDA).
PRINCIPLE 1: ACCOUNTABILITY
VIBE Arts Executive & Artistic Director is our designated Privacy Officer, who may be contacted at:
Executive & Artistic Director
401 Richmond Street West, Suite 230
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
(416) 929-9314 x 102
PRINCIPLE 2: IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AND PURPOSES
Personal information on VIBE Arts’ contact lists may include:
- Name, home and business address, telephone numbers, e-mail address
- Age and birth date
- Personal and public financial information
- Purchasing and donating history
- Medical information (related to special accessibility needs)
- Professional and personal relationships, affiliations and activities
- Artistic preferences and other personal interests
- Event and donation preferences
- Personal communications such as letters or verbal feedback
Any new purpose is subject to approval by the Executive & Artistic Director and the Privacy Committee
How we use this information:
- To communicate with and maintain a responsible professional relationship with our participants and donors
- To understand the needs and interests of participants and to develop activities and donor programmes suitable to our participants and donors
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
- On occasion, we use our mailing lists in exchanges with other cultural organizations to publicize events and opportunities we feel our participants and donors would be interested in. We do not sell or exchange our lists.
- Sponsorship plays a vital role in funding our operations. On behalf of our sponsors, we may occasionally share special promotions with our contracts
- We do not sell our list or donor information under any circumstance
PRINCIPLE: 3 CONSENT
Consent for the collection, retention and use of personal information is implicit when participants and donors provide such information. VIBE Arts’ information is never sold. Participants and donors may http://radicore.org/fud/index.php?t=usrinfo&id=4352& request that VIBE Arts limit its communications with them by contacting us. These requests will be implemented immediately although due to the extensive lead-time for printing and processing of mailings, print communications may not cease for a one-month period
PRINCIPLE 4: LIMITING COLLECTION
All information collected is used by VIBE Arts for communicating with participants and donors and for analysis appropriate to program planning and donor stewardship. Information that does not validly serve these purposes will not be collected or retained.
PRINCIPLE 5: LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION
Personal information shall not be used, stored or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
PRINCIPLE 6: ACCURACY
VIBE Arts makes every effort to create and maintain accurate electronic-data and hard-copy files. VIBE Arts updates all files when new information becomes available or is provided.
PRINCIPLE 7: SAFEGUARDS
VIBE Arts has processes and procedures in place to ensure security safeguards for participant and donor information. Only authorized VIBE Arts staff, or its agents, may have access to VIBE Arts participant and donor information. These agents (such as mailing houses, database professionals) are bound by contract to VIBE Arts privacy policies and procedures.
PRINCIPLE 8: OPENNESS
This Policy shall disclose the principles that VIBE Arts will strive to maintain. Inquiries or complaints regarding any aspect of this Policy should be directed to the Privacy Officer.
PRINCIPLE 9: INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
Upon request, a VIBE Arts participant or donor shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information, and shall be given access to that information. The accuracy or completeness of such information will be amended as appropriate.
PRINCIPLE 10: CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
All inquiries or complaints regarding VIBE Arts compliance with this Policy should be directed to the Executive Director.
Updated Oct 3, 2015